(a)Products. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 5c(c) of the Act and § 40.2 of this chapter, derivatives transaction execution facilities need only notify the Commission of the listing of new products for trading, posting of new product descriptions, terms and conditions or trading protocols or providing for a new system product functionality, by filing with the Secretary of the Commission at its Washington, D.C. headquarters, a submission labeled “DTF Notice of Product Listing” that includes the text of the product's terms or conditions, product description, trading protocol or description of the system functionality or by electronic notification of the foregoing at the time traders or participants in the market are notified, but in no event later than the close of business on the business day preceding initial listing, posting or implementation of the trading protocol or system functionality.
(b)Material modifications. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 5c(c) of the Act, registered derivatives transaction execution facilities need not certify rules or rule amendments under § 40.6 of this chapter, and must only notify the Commission prior to placing into effect or amending such a rule, (as defined in § 40.1 of this chapter):
(1) By electronic notification to the Commission of the rule to be placed into effect or to be changed, in a format approved by the Secretary of the Commission, at the time traders or participants in the market are notified, but (unless taken as an emergency action) in no event later than the close of business on the business day preceding implementation. The submission notification shall be labeled “DTEF Rule Notices” and shall include the text of the rule or rule amendment (with deletions and additions indicated). Provided, however, the derivatives transaction execution facility need not notify the Commission of rules or rule amendments for which no certification is required under § 40.6(c) of this chapter.
(2) The derivatives transaction execution facility must maintain documentation regarding all changes to rules, terms and conditions or trading protocols.
(c)Voluntary request for Commission approval of rules or products.
(1) A board of trade or trading facility seeking to be registered as, or registered as, a derivatives transaction execution facility, may request that the Commission approve under section 5c(c) of the Act, any or all of its rules and subsequent amendments thereto, including both operational rules and the terms or conditions of products listed for trading on the facility, prior to their implementation or, notwithstanding the provisions of section 5c(c)(2) of the Act, at anytime thereafter, under the procedures of §§ 40.5 or 40.3 of this chapter, as applicable. A derivatives transaction execution facility may label a product in its rules as, “Listed for trading pursuant to Commission approval,” if the product and its terms or conditions have been approved by the Commission and it may label as, “Approved by the Commission,” only those rules that have been so approved.
(2) Notwithstanding the forty-five day review period for voluntary approval under § 40.3(b) of this chapter, the operating rules and the terms and conditions of one product submitted for voluntary Commission approval under § 40.3 of this chapter, that has been submitted with, and at the same time as, an application for registration as a derivatives transaction execution facility, will be deemed approved by the Commission thirty days after receipt by the Commission, or at the conclusion of such extended period as provided under § 40.3(c) of this chapter.
(3) An applicant for registration, or a registered derivatives transaction execution facility may request that the Commission consider under the provisions of section 15(b) of the Act any of the derivatives transaction execution facility's rules or policies, including both operational rules and the terms or conditions of products listed for trading, at the time of registration or thereafter.
(d)Identify participants. Registered derivatives transaction execution facilities must keep a record in permanent form, which shall show the true name, address, and principal occupation or business of any foreign trader executing transactions on the facility. In addition, upon request, a derivatives transaction execution facility shall provide to the Commission information regarding the name of any person exercising control over the trading of such foreign trader. Provided, however, this paragraph shall not apply to a derivatives transaction execution facility insofar as transactions in futures or option contracts of foreign traders are executed through, or the resulting transactions are maintained in accounts carried by, a registered futures commission merchant or introduced by an introducing broker subject to § 1.37 of this chapter.
(e)Identify persons subject to fitness requirement. Upon request by any representative of the Commission, a registered derivatives transaction execution facility shall furnish to the Commission's representative a current list of persons subject to the fitness requirements of section 5a(d)(6) of the Act.