(a)General. Each derivatives clearing organization shall provide to market participants sufficient information to enable the market participants to identify and evaluate accurately the risks and costs associated with using the services of the derivatives clearing organization. In furtherance of this objective, each derivatives clearing organization shall have clear and comprehensive rules and procedures.
(b)Availability of information. Each derivatives clearing organization shall make information concerning the rules and the operating and default procedures governing the clearing and settlement systems of the derivatives clearing organization available to market participants.
(c)Public disclosure. Each derivatives clearing organization shall disclose publicly and to the Commission information concerning:
(1) The terms and conditions of each contract, agreement, and transaction cleared and settled by the derivatives clearing organization;
(2) Each clearing and other fee that the derivatives clearing organization charges its clearing members;
(3) The margin-setting methodology;
(4) The size and composition of the financial resource package available in the event of a clearing member default;
(5) Daily settlement prices, volume, and open interest for each contract, agreement, or transaction cleared or settled by the derivatives clearing organization;
(6) The derivatives clearing organization's rules and procedures for defaults in accordance with § 39.16 of this part; and
(7) Any other matter that is relevant to participation in the clearing and settlement activities of the derivatives clearing organization.
(d)Publication of information. The derivatives clearing organization shall make its rulebook, a list of all current clearing members, and the information listed in paragraph (c) of this section readily available to the general public, in a timely manner, by posting such information on the derivatives clearing organization's Web site, unless otherwise permitted by the Commission. The information required in paragraph (c)(5) of this section shall be made available to the public no later than the business day following the day to which the information pertains.
Title 17 published on 2013-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 17.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.