18 CFR 11.16 - Filing requirements.
(1) Any party subject to a headwater benefits determination under this subpart must supply project-specific data, in accordance with this section, by February 1 of each year for data from the preceding calendar year.
(2) Within 30 days of notice of initiation of an investigation under § 11.15, a party must supply project-specific data, in accordance with this section, for the years specified in the notice.
(b) Data required from owner of the headwater project. The owner of any headwater project constructed by the United States, a licensee, or a pre-1920 permittee that is upstream from a non-Federal hydroelectric project must submit the following:
(1) Name and location of the headwater project, including the name of the stream on which it is located.
(2) The total nameplate rating of installed generating capacity of the project, expressed in kilowatts, with the portion of total capacity that represents pumped storage generating capacity separately designated.
(3) A description of the total storage capacity of the reservoir and allocation of storage capacity to each of its functions, such as dead storage, power storage, irrigation storage, and flood control storage. Identification, by reservoir elevation, of the portion of the reservoir assigned to each of its respective storage functions.
(4) An elevation-capacity curve, or a tabulation of reservoir pool elevations with corresponding reservoir storage capacities.
(5) A copy of rule curves, coordination contracts, agreements, or other relevant data governing the release of water from the reservoir, including a separate statement of their effective dates.
(6) A curve or tabulation showing actual reservoir pool elevations throughout the immediately preceding calendar year and for each year included in an investigation.
(7) The total annual gross generation of the hydroelectric plant in kilowatt-hours, not including energy from pumped storage operation.
(9) The investigation costs attributed to the power generation function of the project as of the close of the calendar year or at a specified date during the year, categorized according to that portion that is attributed to the specific power costs, and that portion that is attributed to the joint-use power costs.
(10) The portion of the joint-use power cost, and other costs required by law to be allocated to joint-use power cost, each item shown separately, that are attributable to the annual costs of interest, maintenance, and depreciation, identifying the annual interest rate and the method used to compute the depreciation charge, or the interest rate and period used to compute amortization if used in lieu of depreciation, including any differing interest rates used for major replacements or rehabilitation.
(c) Data required from owners of downstream projects. The owner of any hydroelectric project which is downstream from a headwater project constructed by the United States, a licensee, or pre-1920 permittee must submit the following:
(1) Name and location of the downstream project, including the name of the stream on which it is located.
(2) Total nameplate rating of the installed generating capacity of the plant, expressed in kilowatts, with the portion of total capacity that represents pumped storage generating capacity separately designated.
(3) Record of daily gross generation, not including energy used for pumped storage, and any unit outage which may have occurred.
(1) For those items in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section in which data for the current period are the same as data furnished for a prior period, the data need not be resubmitted if the owner identifies the last period for which the data were reported.
(2) The Commission will notify the project owner that certain data items in paragraphs (b) and (c) are no longer required to be submitted annually if:
(ii) A prospective final charge, as described in § 11.17(b)(5), has been established.
Title 18 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.