18 CFR 12.4 - Staff administrative responsibility and supervisory authority.
(a) Administrative responsibility. The Director of the Office of Energy Projects is responsible for administering the Commission's project safety program and reports directly to the Chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
(1) Any water power project and the construction, operation, maintenance, use, repair, or modification of any project works are subject to the inspection and the supervision of the Regional Engineer or any other authorized Commission representative for the purpose of:
(i) Achieving or protecting the safety, stability, and integrity of the project works or the ability of any project work to function safely for its intended purposes, including navigation, water power development, or other beneficial public uses; or
(2) For the purposes set forth in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, a Regional Engineer or other authorized Commission representative may:
(i) Test or inspect any water power project or project works or require that the applicant or licensee perform such tests or inspections or install monitoring instruments;
(A) The design, construction, operation, maintenance, use, repair, or modification of a water power project or project works; and
(B) Any condition affecting the safety of a project or project works or any death or injury that occurs at, or might be attributable to, the water power project;
(B) Any plan of corrective measures, including related schedules, submitted after the report of an independent consultant pursuant to § 12.37 or any other inspection report;
(iv) Require an applicant or licensee to take any other action with respect to the design, construction, operation, maintenance, repair, use, or modification of the project or its works that is, in the judgment of the Regional Engineer or other authorized Commission representative, necessary or desirable.
(v) Establish the time for an applicant or licensee to provide a schedule for or to perform any actions specified in this paragraph.
(1) Any order or directive issued under this section or under the provisions of subparts B through E of this part by a Regional Engineer or other authorized Commission representative may be appealed to the Commission under § 385.207 of this chapter.
(2) Any order or directive issued under this section by a Regional Engineer or other authorized Commission representative is immediately effective and remains in effect until:
(i) The Regional Engineer or other authorized Commission representative who issued the order or directive rescinds or amends that order or directive or stays its effect; or
(ii) The Commission stays the effect of the order or directive, or amends or rescinds the order or directive on appeal.
(3) An appeal or motion for rescission, amendment, or stay of any order or directive issued under this section must contain a full explanation of why granting the appeal or the request for rescission or amendment of the order or directive, or for stay for the period requested, will not endanger life, health, or property.
[Order 122, 46 FR 9036, Jan. 28, 1981, as amended by Order 225, 47 FR 19056, May 3, 1982; 49 FR 29370, July 20, 1984; Order 756, 77 FR 4894, Feb. 1, 2012]
Title 18 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.