How does TVA make efforts to accommodate intergovernmental viewpoints?
(a) If a state process provides a state process recommendation to TVA through its single point contact, TVA either:
(1) Accepts the recommendation;
(2) Reaches a mutually agreeable solution with the state process; or
(3) Provides the single point of contact (including any regional or local office delegated a review and comment role by the state process) with written explanation of the decision in such form as TVA in its discretion deems appropriate. TVA may also supplement the written explanation by providing the explanation to the single point of contact by telephone, other telecommunications, meeting with the single point of contact, and, as appropriate, other interested officials or offices, or other means.
(b) In any explanation under paragraph (a)(3) of this section, TVA informs the single point of contact that:
(1) TVA will not implement its decision for at least 10 days after the single point of contact receives the explanation; or
(2) TVA's General Manager has reviewed the decision and determined that, because of unusual circumstances, the waiting period of at least 10 days is not feasible.
(c) For purposes of computing the waiting period under paragraph (b)(1) of this section, the explanation is presumed to have been received five days after the date of mailing of such notification.
Title 18 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.