18 CFR 16.5 - Site access for a competing applicant.
prev | next
(a) Access. If a potential applicant for a new license, subsequent license, or nonpower license for a project has complied with the first stage consultation provisions of § 16.8(b)(1) and has notified the existing licensee in writing of the need for and extent of the access required, the existing licensee must allow the potential applicant to enter upon or into designated land, buildings, or other property in the project area at a reasonable time and under reasonable conditions, including, but not limited to, reasonable liability conditions, conditions for compensation to the existing licensee for all reasonable costs incurred in providing access, including energy generation lost as a result of modification of project operations that may be necessary to provide access, and in a manner that will not adversely affect the environment, for the purposes of:
(1) Conducting a study or gathering information required by a resource agency under § 16.8 or by the Commission pursuant to § 4.32 of this chapter;
(2) Conducting a study or gathering information not covered by paragraph (a)(1) but necessary to prepare an application for new license, subsequent license, or nonpower license; or
(3) Holding a site visit for a resource agency under § 16.8.
(1) Disputes. Except as specified by paragraph (b)(2), disputes regarding the timing and conditions of access for the purposes specified in paragraphs (a) (1), (2), or (3) of this section and the need for the studies or information specified in paragraph (a)(2) may be referred to the Director of the Office of Energy Projects for resolution in the manner specified in § 16.8(b)(5) prior to the providing of access.
(2) Disputes regarding the amount of compensation to be paid the existing licensee for access may be referred to the Director of the Office of Energy Projects for resolution in the manner specified in § 16.8(b)(5) after the access has been provided.
Title 18 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.