18 CFR 385.1104 - Initial petition (Rule 1104).
(i) A full and complete statement of the relevant facts, including the documentary support pertaining to the circumstances, act or transaction that is the subject of the petition;
(ii) A complete statement of the business reasons why the relief should be granted and the business consequences that will result if the relief is denied; and
(iii) A statement specifying how the denial of relief will cause the applicant to suffer special hardship, inequity, or unfair distribution of burdens.
(2) The petition must contain a complete statement of the legal basis of the relief requested including citations to authorities relied upon to support the petition.
(4) The certificate of service required under Rule 2010(h) (certificate of service) must indicate the names and addresses of all persons served.
(5) The petition must include a form of notice suitable for publication in the Federal Register in accordance with the specifications in § 385.203(d) of this part.
(6) The petition must be accompanied by the fee prescribed in § 381.401 of this chapter or by a petition for waiver pursuant to § 381.106 of this chapter.
(1) The petitioner must serve a copy of the petition, or a copy from which confidential information has been deleted in accordance with Rule 1112 (requests for confidential treatment) on each person who is reasonably ascertainable by the petitioner as a person who may suffer direct and measurable economic impact if the relief is granted.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (b)(1) of this section, if a petitioner determines that compliance with such paragraph of this section would be impracticable, the petitioner must:
(i) Comply with the requirements of such paragraph with regard to those persons whom it is reasonable and practicable to serve; and
(ii) Include with the petition a description of the persons or class or classes of persons to whom notice was not sent.
(3) Staff may require the petitioner to provide alternate or additional service and will cause notice of the application to be published in the Federal Register.
[Order 225, 47 FR 19022, May 3, 1982, as amended by Order 394, 49 FR 35365, Sept. 7, 1984; Order 647, 69 FR 32440, June 10, 2004]
Title 18 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.