§ 385.2013Notification of requests for Federal authorizations and requests for further information (Rule 2013).
(a) For each Federal authorization—i.e., permit, special use authorization, certification, concurrence, opinion, or other approval—required under Federal law with respect to a natural gas project for which an application has been filed under section 3 of the Natural Gas Act for a certificate of public convenience and necessity under section 7 of the Natural Gas Act, each Federal agency or officer, or State agency or officer acting pursuant to delegated Federal authority, responsible for a Federal authorization must file with the Commission within 30 days of the date of receipt of a request for a Federal authorization, notice of the following:
(1) Whether the application is ready for processing, and if not, what additional information or materials will be necessary to assess the merits of the request;
(2) The time the agency or official will allot the applicant to provide the necessary additional information or materials;
(3) What, if any, studies will be necessary in order to evaluate the request;
(4) The anticipated effective date of the agency's or official's decision; and
(5) If applicable, the schedule set by Federal law for the agency or official to act.
(b) A Federal agency or officer, or State agency or officer acting pursuant to delegated Federal authority, considering a request for a Federal authorization that submits a data request to an applicant must file a copy of the data request with the Commission within 10 business days.