18 CFR 4.92 - Contents of exemption application.
(1) An introductory statement, including a declaration that the facility for which application is made meets the requirements of § 4.30(b)(28), the facility qualifies but for the discharge requirement of § 4.30(b)(28)(v), the introductory statement must identify that fact and state that the application is accompanied by a petition for waiver of § 4.30(b)(28)(v), filed pursuant to § 385.207 of this chapter);
(3) An appendix containing documentary evidence showing that the applicant has the real property interests required under § 4.31(b); and
Before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Application for Exemption for Small Conduit Hydroelectric Facility
[Name of applicant] applies to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission for an exemption for the [name of facility], a small conduit hydroelectric facility that meets the requirements of [insert the following language, as appropriate: “§ 4.30(b)(28) of this subpart” or “§ 4.30(b)(28) of this subpart, except paragraph (b)(28)(v)”], from certain provisions of Part I of the Federal Power Act.
The location of the facility is:
State or Territory:
Township or nearby town:
The exact name and business address of each applicant is:
The exact name and business address of each person authorized to act as agent for the applicant in this application is:
[Name of applicant] is [a citizen of the United States, an association of citizens of the United States, a municipality, State, or a corporation incorporated under the laws of (specify the United States or the state of incorporation, as appropriate), as appropriate].
The provisions of Part I of the Federal Power Act for which exemption is requested are:
[List here all sections or subsections for which exemption is requested.]
(c) Exhibit A. Exhibit A must describe the small conduit hydroelectric facility and proposed mode of operation with appropriate references to Exhibits F and G. To the extent feasible the information in this exhibit may be submitted in tabular form. The following information must be included:
(1) A brief description of any conduits and associated consumptive water supply facilities, intake facilities, powerhouses, and any other structures associated with the facility.
(4) The number of generating units, including auxiliary units, the capacity of each unit, and provisions, if any, for future units.
(6) A description of how the plant is to be operated, manually or automatically, and whether the plant is to be used for peaking.
(iv) The average flow of the conduit at the plant or point of diversion (using best available data and explaining the sources of the data and the method of calculation); and
(v) The average amount of the flow described in paragraph (c)(7)(iv) of this section available for power generation.
(9) If the hydroelectric facility discharges directly into a natural body of water and a petition for waiver of § 4.30(b)(28)(v) has not been submitted, evidence that a quantity of water equal to or greater than the quantity discharged from the hydroelectric facility is withdrawn from that water body downstream into a conduit that is part of the same water supply system as the conduit on which the hydroelectric facility is located.
(10) If the hydroelectric facility discharges directly to a point of agricultural, municipal, or industrial consumption, a description of the nature and location of that point of consumption.
(11) A description of the nature and extent of any construction of a dam that would occur in association with construction of the proposed small conduit hydroelectric facility, including a statement of the normal maximum surface area and normal maximum surface elevation of any existing impoundment before and after that construction; and any evidence that the construction would occur for agricultural, municipal, or industrial consumptive purposes even if hydroelectric generating facilities were not installed.
(d) Exhibit G. Exhibit G is a map of the project and boundary and must conform to the specifications of § 4.41(h) of this chapter.
(e) Exhibit E. This exhibit is an Environmental Report. It must be prepared pursuant to § 4.38 and must include the following information, commensurate with the scope and environmental impact of the facility's construction and operation:
(1) A description of the environmental setting in the vicinity of the facility, including vegetative cover, fish and wildlife resources, water quality and quantity, land and water uses, recreational use, socio-economic conditions, historical and archeological resources, and visual resources. The report must give special attention to endangered or threatened plant and animal species, critical habitats, and sites eligible for or included on the National Register of Historic Places. The applicant may obtain assistance in the preparation of this information from State natural resources agencies, the State historic preservation officer, and from local offices of Federal natural resources agencies.
(2) A description of the expected environmental impacts resulting from the continued operation of an existing small conduit hydroelectric facility, or from the construction and operation of a proposed small conduit hydroelectric facility, including a discussion of the specific measures proposed by the applicant and others to protect and enhance environmental resources and to mitigate adverse impacts of the facility on them.
(3) A description of alternative means of obtaining an amount of power equivalent to that provided by the proposed or existing facility.
(f) Exhibit F. Exhibit F is a set of drawings showing the structures and equipment of the small conduit hydroelectric facility and must conform to the specifications of § 4.41(g) of this chapter.
Title 18 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.