18 CFR 701.311 - Accounting for disclosures.
(1) Where a record is disclosed to any person, or to another agency, under any of the provisions of § 701.303 except § 701.303(c)(1) and (2), an accounting will be made.
(2) The accounting will record (i) the date, nature, and purpose of each disclosure of a record to any person or to another agency and (ii) the name and address of the person or agency to whom the disclosure was made.
(3) Accountings prepared under this section will be maintained for at least five years or the life of the record, whichever is longer, after the disclosure for which the accounting is made.
(1) Except for accounting of disclosures made under § 701.303(c)(1) and (2), accountings of all disclosures of a record will be made available to the individual to whom the record relates at his or her request.
(2) An individual desiring access to accountings of disclosures of a record pertaining to him or her will submit his request by following the procedures of § 701.305.
(c) Notification of disclosure. When a record is disclosed pursuant to § 701.303(c)(11) as the result of the order of a court of competent jurisdiction, reasonable efforts will be made to notify the individual to whom the record pertains as soon as the order becomes a matter of public record.
[41 FR 8344, Feb. 26, 1976]
Title 18 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.