Invoices of cotton provided for in subheading 5201.00.10, 5201.00.20, 5201.00.50, Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (19 U.S.C. 1202 ), shall show the following detailed information in addition to other required information:
(a) One of the following statements regarding each lot of cotton covered by the invoice:
(1) This is harsh or rough cotton under 19.05 millimeters in staple length;
(2) The staple length of this cotton is under 28.58 millimeters. (This statement is not to be used if paragraph (a)(1) of this section is applicable);
(3) The staple length of this cotton is 28.58 millimeters or more and under 34.93 millimeters;
(4) This cotton is harsh or rough cotton (other than cotton of perished staple, and cotton pickings), white in color, and has a staple length of 29.37 millimeters or more and under 44.45 millimeters;
(5) The staple length of this cotton is 34.93 millimeters or more and under 42.86 millimeters; or
(6) The staple length of this cotton is 42.86 millimeters or more.
(b) The name of the country of origin and, if practicable, the name of the province or other subdivision of the country of origin in which the cotton was grown.
(c) The variety of the cotton, such as Karnak, Gisha, Pima, Tanguis, etc.
[T.D. 89-1, 53 FR 51269, Dec. 21, 1988]
Title 19 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.