(a) The provisions of this subpart apply only to fines, penalties, or forfeitures incurred for the following violations of the customs laws:
(1) Violations of sections 466 and 584(a)(1), Tariff Act of 1930, as amended (19 U.S.C. 1466, 1584(a)(1) ), that occur after October 3, 1978, and
(2) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, violations of section 592, Tariff Act of 1930, as amended (19 U.S.C. 1592 ), with respect to which preceedings have commenced after December 31, 1978. For purposes of this subparagraph, a proceeding commences with the issuance of a prepenalty notice or, if no prepenalty notice is issued, with the issuance of a notice of a claim for a monetary penalty.
(b) The provisions of this subpart do not apply to alleged intentional violations of 19 U.S.C. 1592 if the alleged violation:
(1) Involves television receivers that are the products of Japan and were or are the subject to antidumping proceedings,
(2) Occurred before October 3, 1978, and
(3) Was the subject of a Customs investigation begun before October 3, 1978.
(c) The provisions of subparts A through F of this part shall apply to the violations referred to in paragraph (a) of this section unless this subpart specifically provides otherwise.
[T.D. 79-160, 44 FR 31958, June 4, 1979; 44 FR 35208, June 19, 1979, as amended by T.D. 90-34, 55 FR 17597, Apr. 26, 1990]
Title 19 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 19.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.