2 CFR 175.25 - Definitions.
prev | next
Terms used in this part are defined as follows:
(2) A public international organization, which is an organization entitled to enjoy privileges, exemptions, and immunities as an international organization under the International Organizations Immunities Act (22 U.S.C. 288-288f);
(4) Any other entity consisting wholly or partially of one or more foreign governments or foreign governmental entities.
(b) Indian tribe means any Indian tribe, band, nation, or other organized group or community, including any Alaskan Native village or regional or village corporation (as defined in, or established under, the Alaskan Native Claims Settlement Act (43 U.S.C. 1601, et seq.)) that is recognized by the United States as eligible for the special programs and services provided by the United States to Indians because of their status as Indians.
(8) Local public authority, including any public housing agency under the United States Housing Act of 1937;
(12) Council of governments, whether or not incorporated as a nonprofit corporation under State law; and
(1) This term means any entity other than a State, local government, Indian tribe, or foreign public entity.
(i) A nonprofit organization, including any nonprofit institution of higher education, hospital, or tribal organization other than one included in the definition of Indian tribe in paragraph (b) of this section.
(e) State, consistent with the definition in section 103 of the TVPA, as amended (22 U.S.C. 7102), means:
(3) Any agency or instrumentality of a State other than a local government or State-controlled institution of higher education;
Title 2 published on 2014-01-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.