20 CFR 498.202 - Hearing before an administrative law judge.
(a) A party sanctioned under any criteria specified in §§ 498.100 through 498.132 may request a hearing before an ALJ.
(b) In civil monetary penalty cases, the parties to a hearing will consist of the respondent and the Inspector General.
(2) Filed within 60 days after the notice, provided in accordance with § 498.109, is received by the respondent or upon a showing of good cause, the time permitted by an ALJ.
(1) Specific issues or findings of fact and conclusions of law in the notice letter with which the respondent disagrees; and
(2) Basis for the respondent's contention that the specific issues or findings and conclusions were incorrect.
(e) For purposes of this section, the date of receipt of the notice letter will be presumed to be five days after the date of such notice, unless there is a reasonable showing to the contrary.
(1) The respondent's hearing request is not filed in a timely manner and the respondent fails to demonstrate good cause for such failure;
(3) The respondent's hearing request fails to raise any issue which may properly be addressed in a hearing under this part.
[61 FR 65468, Dec. 13, 1996]
Title 20 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.