20 CFR 498.204 - Authority of the administrative law judge.
(a) The ALJ will conduct a fair and impartial hearing, avoid delay, maintain order and assure that a record of the proceeding is made.
(3) Hold conferences to identify or simplify the issues, or to consider other matters that may aid in the expeditious disposition of the proceeding;
(5) Issue subpoenas requiring the attendance of witnesses at hearings and the production of documents at or in relation to hearings;
(12) Upon motion of a party, decide cases, in whole or in part, by summary judgment where there is no disputed issue of material fact; and
(1) Find invalid or refuse to follow Federal statutes or regulations, or delegations of authority from the Commissioner;
(5) Review the exercise of discretion by the Office of the Inspector General to seek to impose a civil monetary penalty or assessment under §§ 498.100 through 498.132.
[61 FR 65469, Dec. 13, 1996]
Title 20 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.