(a) WIA section 121(b)(1) identifies the entities that are required partners in the local One-Stop systems.
(b) The required partners are the entities that are responsible for administering the following programs and activities in the local area:
(1) Programs authorized under title I of WIA, serving:
(ii) Dislocated workers;
(iv) Job Corps;
(v) Native American programs;
(vi) Migrant and seasonal farmworker programs; and
(vii) Veterans' workforce programs; (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(i) );
(2) Programs authorized under the Wagner-Peyser Act (29 U.S.C. 49et seq. ); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(ii) );
(3) Adult education and literacy activities authorized under title II of WIA; (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(iii) );
(4) Programs authorized under parts A and B of title I of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 720et seq. ); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(iv) );
(6) Senior community service employment activities authorized under title V of the Older Americans Act of 1965 (42 U.S.C. 3056et seq. ); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(vi) );
(7) Postsecondary vocational education activities under the Carl D. Perkins Vocational and Applied Technology Education Act (20 U.S.C. 2301et seq. ); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(vii) );
(8) Trade Adjustment Assistance and NAFTA Transitional Adjustment Assistance activities authorized under chapter 2 of title II of the Trade Act of 1974, as amended (19 U.S.C. 2271et seq.) and Section 123(c)(2) of the Trade Adjustment Assistance Reform Act of 2002 (Pub. L. 107-210), respectively; see (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(viii) );
(9) Activities authorized under chapter 41 of title 38, U.S.C. (local veterans' employment representatives and disabled veterans outreach programs); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(ix) );
(10) Employment and training activities carried out under the Community Services Block Grant (42 U.S.C. 9901et seq. ); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(x) );
(11) Employment and training activities carried out by the Department of Housing and Urban Development; (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(xi) ); and
(12) Programs authorized under State unemployment compensation laws (in accordance with applicable Federal law); (WIA sec. 121(b)(1)(B)(xii).)
[65 FR 49398, Aug. 11, 2000, as amended at 71 FR 35523, June 21, 2006]
Title 20 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.