Under this subpart E, what records must you make and keep?
(a) You must make and keep records required under this subpart E in accordance with subpart P of this part.
(b) Under this subpart E, you must make and keep the following records:
(1) The specifications established;
(2) Documentation of your qualification of a supplier for the purpose of relying on the supplier's certificate of analysis;
(3) Documentation for why meeting in-process specifications, in combination with meeting component specifications, helps ensure that the dietary supplement meets the specifications for identity, purity, strength, and composition; and for limits on those types of contamination that may adulterate or may lead to adulteration of the finished batch of the dietary supplement; and
(4) Documentation for why the results of appropriate tests or examinations for the product specifications selected under § 111.75(c)(1) ensure that the dietary supplement meets all product specifications;
(5) Documentation for why any component and in-process testing, examination, or monitoring, and any other information, will ensure that a product specification that is exempted under § 111.75(d) is met without verification through periodic testing of the finished batch, including documentation that the selected specifications tested or examined under § 111.75 (c)(1) are not able to verify that the production and process control system is producing a dietary supplement that meets the exempted product specification and there is no scientifically valid method for testing or examining such exempted product specification at the finished batch stage.