(a) To determine the estimated needs for, and to insure an adequate and uninterrupted supply of, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine the Administrator shall issue procurement and import quotas.
(b) A procurement quota authorizes a registered manufacturer to procure and use quantities of each chemical for the following purposes:
(1) Manufacturing the bulk chemical into dosage forms.
(2) Manufacturing the bulk chemical into other substances.
(3) Repackaging or relabeling the chemical or dosage forms.
(c) An import quota authorizes a registered importer to import quantities of the chemical for the following purposes:
(1) Distribution of the chemical to a registered manufacturer that has a procurement quota for the chemical.
(2) Other distribution of the chemical consistent with the legitimate medical and scientific needs of the United States.
Title 21 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.