(a) An administrative inspection warrant shall not be required if informed consent is obtained from the owner, operator, or agent in charge of the controlled premises to be inspected.
(b) Wherever possible, informed consent shall consist of a written statement signed by the owner, operator, or agent in charge of the premises to be inspected and witnessed by two persons. The written consent shall contain the following information:
(1) That he (the owner, operator, or agent in charge of the premises) has been informed of his constitutional right not to have an administrative inspection made without an administrative inspection warrant;
(2) That he has right to refuse to consent to such an inspection;
(3) That anything of an incriminating nature which may be found may be seized and used against him in a criminal prosecution;
(4) That he has been presented with a notice of inspection as set forth in § 1316.06 ;
(5) That the consent is given by him is voluntary and without threats of any kind; and
(6) That he may withdraw his consent at any time during the course of inspection.
(c) The written consent shall be produced in duplicate and be distributed as follows:
(1) The original will be retained by the inspector; and
(2) The duplicate will be given to the person inspected.
[36 FR 7820, Apr. 24, 1971, as amended at 37 FR 15924, Aug. 8, 1972. Redesignated at 38 FR 26609, Sept. 24, 1973]
Title 21 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 21.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.