(b)Specifications. Each milliliter of etorphine hydrochloride injection, veterinary, contains 1 mg of etorphine hydrochloride in sterile aqueous solution.
(c)Sponsors. See No. 053923 in § 510.600(c) of this chapter.
(d)Conditions of use.
(1) The drug is used for the immobilization of wild and exotic animals.
(2) It is administered intramuscularly by hand syringe or syringe dart at a suitable dosage level depending upon the species.
(3) Do not use the drug unless diprenorphine hydrochloride injection, veterinary, as provided for in § 522.723, is available for use in reversing the effects of etorphine hydrochloride injection, veterinary.
(4) For use in wild or exotic animals only. Do not use in domestic food-producing animals. Do not use 30 days before, or during, the hunting season in free-ranging wild animals that might be used for food.
(5) Federal law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian. Distribution is restricted to veterinarians engaged in zoo and exotic animal practice, wildlife management programs, and researchers.
[40 FR 13858, Mar. 27, 1975, as amended at 48 FR 16241, Apr. 15, 1983; 61 FR 260, Jan. 4, 1996]
Title 21 published on 2014-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 21.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.