(a) On or before August 1 of each calendar year the Commissioner shall submit a report covering the preceding calendar year to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President of the Senate for referral to the appropriate committees of the Congress. The report shall include:
(1) The U.S. Section's point of contact responsible for implementing the Privacy Act of 1974;
(2) The number of active systems, new systems published, systems deleted, systems automated, either in whole or part, number of existing systems for which new routine uses were established, number of existing systems for which new exemptions were claimed, number of existing systems from which exemptions were deleted, and number of public comments received by the agency of publication of rules or notices;
(3) Total number of requests for access, number of requests wholly or partially granted, number of requests totally denied, number of requests for which no record was found, number of appeals of denials of access, number of appeals in which denial was upheld, number of appeals in which denial was overturned either in whole or part, number of requests to amend records in system, number of amendment requests wholly or partially granted, number of amendment requests totally denied, number of appeals of denials of amendment requests, number of appeals in which denial was upheld, number in which denial was overturned either in whole or in part, whether the U.S. Section denied an individual access to his or her records in a system of record on any basis other than a Privacy Act exemption under 5 U.S.C. 552(j) or (k), and the legal justification for the denial, number of instances in which individuals litigated the results of appeals of access or amendment, and the results of such litigation, and a statement of our involvement in matching programs;
(4) Any other information which will indicate the U.S. Section's effort to comply with the objectives of the Act, to include any problems encountered, with recommendations for solving thereof;
(5) And, a copy of these regulations.
Title 22 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.