§ 122.4Notification of changes in information furnished by registrants.
(a) A registrant must, within five days of the event, notify the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls by registered mail if:
(1) Any of the persons referred to in § 122.2(b) are indicted for or convicted of violating any of the U.S. criminal statutes enumerated in § 120.27 of this subchapter, or become ineligible to contract with, or to receive a license or other approval to export or temporarily import defense articles or defense services from any agency of the U.S. government; or
(2) There is a material change in the information contained in the Statement of Registration, including a change in the senior officers; the establishment, acquisition or divestment of a subsidiary or foreign affiliate; a merger; a change of location; or the dealing in an additional category of defense articles or defense services.
(b) A registrant must notify the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls by registered mail at least 60 days in advance of any intended sale or transfer to a foreign person of ownership or control of the registrant or any entity thereof. Such notice does not relieve the registrant from obtaining the approval required under this subchapter for the export of defense articles or defense services to a foreign person, including the approval required prior to disclosing technical data. Such notice provides the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls with the information necessary to determine whether the authority of § 38(g)(6) of the Arms Export Control Act regarding licenses or other approvals for certain sales or transfers of defense articles or data on the U.S. Munitions List should be invoked (see §§ 120.10 and 126.1(e) of this subchapter).
(c) The new entity formed when a registrant merges with another company or acquires, or is acquired by, another company or a subsidiary or division of another company shall advise the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls of the following:
(1) The new firm name and all previous firm names being disclosed;
(2) The registration number that will survive and those that are to be discontinued (if any);
(3) The license numbers of all approvals on which unshipped balances will be shipped under the surviving registration number, since any license not the subject of notification will be considered invalid; and
(4) Amendments to agreements approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls to change the name of a party to those agreements. The registrant must, within 60 days of this notification, provide to the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls a signed copy of an amendment to each agreement signed by the new U.S. entity, the former U.S. licensor and the foreign licensee. Any agreements not so amended will be considered invalid.
(d) Prior approval by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls is required for any amendment making a substantive change.
[58 FR 39298, July 22, 1993, as amended at 71 FR 20540, Apr. 21, 2006]
Title 22 published on 2013-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 22.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.