(a)Fee or commission means, except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, any loan, gift, donation or other payment of $1,000 or more made, or offered or agreed to be made directly or indirectly, whether in cash or in kind, and whether or not pursuant to a written contract, which is:
(1) To or at the direction of any person, irrespective of nationality, whether or not employed by or affiliated with an applicant, a supplier or a vendor; and
(2) For the solicitation or promotion or otherwise to secure the conclusion of a sale of defense articles or defense services to or for the use of the armed forces of a foreign country or international organization.
(b) The term fee or commission does not include:
(1) A political contribution or a payment excluded by § 130.6 from the definition of political contribution;
(2) A normal salary (excluding contingent compensation) established at an annual rate and paid to a regular employee of an applicant, supplier or vendor;
(3) General advertising or promotional expenses not directed to any particular sale or purchaser; or
(4) Payments made, or offered or agreed to be made, solely for the purchase by an applicant, supplier or vendor of specific goods or technical, operational or advisory services, which payments are not disproportionate in amount with the value of the specific goods or services actually furnished.
[58 FR 39323, July 22, 1993, as amended at 71 FR 20554, Apr. 21, 2006]
Title 22 published on 2014-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 22.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.