22 CFR 1304.6 - Records not disclosed.
(a) Records exempt from disclosure. Except as otherwise provided in this part, MCC shall not disclose records that are:
(1) Specifically authorized under criteria established by an Executive order to be kept secret in the interest of national defense or foreign policy and are in fact properly classified pursuant to such Executive order.
(3) Specifically exempted from disclosure by a statute other than FOIA if such statute requires the record to be withheld from the public in such a manner as to leave no discretion on the issue, establishes particular criteria for withholding, or refers to particular types of records to be withheld.
(4) Trade secrets and commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential.
(5) Inter- or intra-agency memorandums or letters that would not be available by law to a party other than an agency in litigation with MCC.
(6) Personnel, medical, or similar files the disclosure of which would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
(7) Compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that the production of such law enforcement records or information:
(iv) Could reasonably be expected to disclose the identity of a confidential source, including a State, local, or foreign agency or authority, any private institution, or a Bank, which furnished information on a confidential basis, and, in the case of a record compiled by criminal law enforcement authority in the course of a criminal investigation or by an agency conducting a lawful national security investigation, information furnished by a confidential source;
(v) Would disclose techniques and procedures for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions, or would disclose guidelines for law enforcement investigations or prosecutions if such disclosure could reasonably be expected to risk circumvention of the law; or
(8) Contained in or related to examination, operating, or condition reports prepared by, on behalf of, or for the use of an agency responsible for the regulation or supervision of financial institutions; or
(1) MCC shall provide a requester with any reasonably segregable portion of a record after deleting the portions that are exempt from disclosure under paragraph (a) of this section.
(2) MCC shall make a reasonable effort to estimate the volume of removed information and provide that information to the requester unless providing the estimate would harm an interest protected by the exemption under which the removal is made.
(3) MCC shall indicate the estimated volume of removed information on the released portion of the record unless providing the estimate would harm an interest protected by the exemption under which the removal is made. If technically feasible, MCC shall make the indication at the place in the record where the removal is made.
Title 22 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.