(a) The A.I.D. Office or Bureau seeking establishment of a new A.I.D. advisory committee:
(1) Justifies the need for the advisory committee to the satisfaction of the A.I.D. Advisory Committee Management Officer, the A.I.D. Administrator, and the OMB Secretariat.
(2) Prepares, clears with the Advisory Committee Management Officer and the General Counsel, and submits to the Administrator all documentation necessary to establish or use the advisory committee.
(b) The Advisory Committee Management Officer with assistance as appropriate from the General Counsel and the Office of Legislative Affairs:
(1) Appraises the need for the proposed advisory committee;
(2) Assures that the requirements of the Act and OMB guidelines have been followed;
(3) If satisfied with paragraphs (b) (1) and (2) of this section, clears the proposal for submission to the Administrator and obtains OMB concurrence in Agency actions to establish advisory committees;
(4) Maintains the agency file of approved charters and formal determinations;
(5) Publishes approved charters in the Agency's internal directives system;
(6) Reviews proposed committee membership for compliance with legal requirements, including conflict of interest;
(7) Assures publication of the Administrator's formal determinations in the Federal Register; and
(8) Transmits approved advisory committee charters to the House International Relations Committee, the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and the Library of Congress.
[40 FR 33205, Aug. 7, 1975, as amended at 40 FR 54778, Nov. 26, 1975]
Title 22 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.