22 CFR 215.8 - Agency review of request for amendment of record.
(a) The Agency will examine the information requested to be amended to determine its accuracy, timeliness, completeness, and its relevancy and necessity to accomplish a purpose of the Agency required to be accomplished by statute or by executive order.
(b) Within ten (10) working days after the receipt by the Assistant Director for Administration or the Privacy Liaison Officer, of a request made in accordance with this section, the Assistant Director for Administration or the Privacy Liaison Officer shall acknowledge in writing such receipt and shall, after examination in accordance with the provisions of paragraph (a) of this section, promptly either:
(1) Make any amendment of any portion thereof which the individual believes is not accurate, relevant, timely or complete, and notify the individual of the amendment made; or
(2) Inform the individual of the Agency's refusal to amend the record in accordance with the request, the reason(s) for the refusal, and the procedures established by the Agency for the individual to request a review of that refusal.
(c) If the Agency agrees with the individual's request to amend a record, in addition to proceeding as set forth in paragraph (b)(1) of this section, it shall promptly advise all previous recipients of the record of the fact that the amendment was made and the substance of the amendment where an accounting of disclosures has been made.
(d) If unusual circumstances prevent the completion of Agency action on the request to amend within 30 days after the receipt thereof by the Assistant Director for Administration or the Privacy Liaison Officer, the individual will be promptly advised of the delay, the reasons for the delay, and of the date by which the review is expected to be completed.
(e) If the Agency, after its initial examination of the record and the request for Amendment, disagrees with all or any part of the individual's request to amend it shall:
(1) To the extent the Agency agrees with any part of the individual's request to amend, proceed as described in paragraphs (b)(1) and (c) of this section;
(3) Inform the individual that he or she may request a further review by the Director or the Administrator, or their designees; and
(4) Describe the procedures for requesting such review, including the name and address of the official to whom the request should be directed.
(1) The alteration of evidence presented in the course of judicial, quasi-judicial or quasi-legislative proceedings;
(2) Collateral attack upon any matter which has been the subject of judicial or quasi-judicial action; or
Title 22 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.