(a) These regulations in this subpart establish policy, assign responsibilities and prescribe procedures with respect to:
(1) The production or disclosure of official information or records by BBG employees, and
(2) The testimony of current and former BBG employees, relating to official information, official duties, or the BBG's records, in connection with federal or state litigation in which the BBG is not a party.
(b) The BBG intends these provisions to:
(1) Conserve the time of BBG employees for conducting official business;
(2) Minimize the involvement of BBG employees in issues unrelated to BBG's mission;
(3) Maintain the impartiality of BBG employees in disputes between private litigants; and
(4) Protect sensitive, confidential information and the deliberative processes of the BBG.
(c) In providing for these requirements, the BBG does not waive the sovereign immunity of the United States.
(d) This part provides guidance for the internal operations of BBG. It does not create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, that a party may rely upon in any legal proceeding against the United States.
Title 22 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.