23 CFR 646.212 - Federal share.
(1) Federal funds are not eligible to participate in costs incurred solely for the benefit of the railroad.
(2) At grade separations Federal funds are eligible to participate in costs to provide space for more tracks than are in place when the railroad establishes to the satisfaction of the State highway agency and FHWA that it has a definite demand and plans for installation of the additional tracks within a reasonable time.
(3) The Federal share of the cost of a grade separation project shall be based on the cost to provide horizontal and/or vertical clearances used by the railroad in its normal practice subject to limitations as shown in the appendix or as required by a State regulatory agency.
(2) One hundred percent Federal share, as provided by 23 U.S.C. 120(c).
(3) Ninety percent Federal share for funds made available through 23 U.S.C. 133(d)(1).
[40 FR 16059, Apr. 9, 1975, as amended at 47 FR 33955, Aug. 5, 1982; 53 FR 32218, Aug. 24, 1988; 62 FR 45328, Aug. 27, 1997]
Title 23 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.