24 CFR 1003.503 - Program income.
(a) Program income requirements for ICDBG grantees are set forth in 24 CFR 85.25, as modified by this section.
(b) Program income means gross income received by the grantee or a subrecipient directly generated from the use of ICDBG funds during the grant period, except as provided in paragraph (b)(4) of this section. When program income is generated by an activity that is only partially assisted with ICDBG funds, the income shall be prorated to reflect the percentage of ICDBG funds used.
(i) Proceeds from the disposition by sale or long-term lease of real property purchased or improved with ICDBG funds;
(iii) Gross income from the use or rental of real or personal property acquired by the grantee or by a subrecipient with ICDBG funds, less costs incidental to generation of the income;
(iv) Gross income from the use or rental of real property, owned by the grantee or by a subrecipient, that was constructed or improved with ICDBG funds, less costs incidental to generation of the income;
(v) Payments of principal and interest on loans made using ICDBG funds, except as provided in paragraph (b)(3) of this section;
(vi) Proceeds from the sale of loans made with ICDBG funds except as provided in paragraph (b)(4) of this section;
(x) Funds collected through special assessments made against properties owned and occupied by households not of low and moderate income, where the assessments are used to recover all or part of the ICDBG portion of a public improvement.
(2) Program income does not include income earned on grant advances from the U.S. Treasury. The following items of income earned on grant advances must be remitted to HUD for transmittal to the U.S. Treasury and will not be reallocated:
(i) Interest earned from the investment of the initial proceeds of a grant advance by the U.S. Treasury;
(ii) Income (e.g., interest) earned on loans or other forms of assistance provided with ICDBG funds that are used for activities determined by HUD either to be ineligible or that fail substantially to meet any other requirement of this part.
(3) The calculation of the amount of program income for the grantee's ICDBG program as a whole (i.e., comprising activities carried out by a grantee and its subrecipients) shall exclude payments made by subrecipients of principal and/or interest on loans received from grantees where such payments are made from program income received by the subrecipient. (By making such payments, the subrecipient shall be deemed to have transferred program income to the grantee.) The amount of program income derived from this calculation shall be used for reporting purposes and in determining limitations on planning and administration and public services activities to be paid for with ICDBG funds.
(4) Program income does not include any income received in a single year by the grantee and all its subrecipients if the total amount of such income does not exceed $25,000.
(5) Examples of other receipts that are not considered program income are proceeds from fundraising activities carried out by subrecipients receiving ICDBG assistance; funds collected through special assessments used to recover the non-ICDBG portion of a public improvement; and proceeds from the disposition of real property acquired or improved with ICDBG funds when the disposition occurs after the applicable time period specified in § 1003.502(b)(8) for subrecipient-controlled property, or in § 1003.504 for grantee-controlled property.
(6) For purposes of determining the applicability of the program income requirements included in this part and in 24 CFR 85.25, the grant period is the time between the effective date of the grant agreement and the close-out of the grant pursuant to the requirements of § 1003.508.
(7) As provided for in 24 CFR 85.25(g)(2), program income received will be added to the funds committed to the grant agreement and shall be used for purposes and under the conditions of the grant agreement.
(8) Recording program income. The receipt and expenditure of program income as defined in § 1003.503(b) shall be recorded as part of the financial transactions of the grant program.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2577-0191)
Title 24 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.