24 CFR 1003.701 - Corrective and remedial action.
(a) General. One or more corrective or remedial actions will be taken by HUD when, on the basis of the performance review, HUD determines that the grantee has not:
(1) Complied with the requirements of the Act, this part, and other applicable laws and regulations, including the environmental responsibilities assumed under section 104(g) of title I of the Act;
(b) Action. The action taken by HUD will be designed, first, to prevent the continuance of the deficiency; second, to mitigate any adverse effects or consequences of the deficiency; and third, to prevent a recurrence of the same or similar deficiencies. The following actions may be taken singly or in combination, as appropriate for the circumstances:
(1) Request the grantee to submit progress schedules for completing approved activities or for complying with the requirements of this part;
(2) Issue a letter of warning advising the grantee of the deficiency (including environmental review deficiencies and housing assistance deficiencies), describing the corrective actions to be taken, establishing a date for corrective actions, and putting the grantee on notice that more serious actions will be taken if the deficiency is not corrected or is repeated;
(4) Advise the grantee to reprogram funds from affected activities to other eligible activities, provided that such action shall not be taken in connection with any substantial violation of part 58 and provided that such reprogramming is subjected to the environmental review procedures of part 58 of this title;
(5) Advise the grantee to reimburse the grantee's program account or line of credit in any amount improperly expended;
Title 24 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.