(a) In general. To qualify for a guarantee under this part, a loan shall be made only by a lender meeting qualifications established in this part and approved by HUD, including any lender described in paragraph (b), of this section, except that a loan otherwise insured or guaranteed by an agency of the Federal Government or made by the DHHL from amounts borrowed from the United States shall not be eligible for a guarantee under this part.
(b) Approval. The following lenders shall be considered to be lenders that have been approved by HUD:
(1) Any mortgagee approved by HUD for participation in the single family mortgage insurance program under title II of the National Housing Act (12 U.S.C.A. 1707 et seq. );
(2) Any lender that makes housing loans under chapter 37 of title 38, United States Code, that are automatically guaranteed under section 3702(d) of title 38, United States Code;
(3) Any lender approved by the Secretary of Agriculture to make guaranteed loans for single family housing under the Housing Act of 1949 (42 U.S.C.A. 1441 et seq. );
(4) Any other lender that is supervised, approved, regulated, or insured by any agency of the Federal Government; and
(5) Any other lender approved by HUD under this part.
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.