§ 203.675Notice to occupants of pending acquisition.
(a) At least 60 days, but not more than 90 days, before the date on which the mortgagee reasonably expects to acquire title to the property, the mortgagee shall notify the mortgagor and each head of household who is actually occupying a unit of the property of its potential acquisition by HUD. The mortgagee shall send a copy of this notification to the appropriate HUD Field Office.
(b) The notice shall provide a brief summary of the conditions under which continued occupancy is permissible and advise them that:
(1) Potential acquisition of the property by the Secretary is pending;
(2) The Secretary requires that properties be vacant at the time of conveyance to the Secretary, unless the mortgagor or other occupant can meet the conditions for continued occupany in § 203.670, the habitability criteria in § 203.673, and the eligibility criteria in § 203.674;
(3) An occupant may request permission to remain in occupancy in the event of acquisition of the property by the Secretary by notifying the HUD Field Office in writing, with any required documentation, within 20 days of the date of the mortgagee's notice to the occupant;
(4) If an occupant seeks to qualify for continued occupancy under the illness or injury provisions of § 203.674(a), the occupant shall provide to the HUD Field Office, at the time of the occupant's request for permission to remain in occupancy, documentation to support this claim. Documentation shall include an estimate of the time when the patient could be moved without severely aggravating the illness or injury, and a statement by a State-certified physician establishing the validity of the occupant's claim. HUD may require more than one medical opinion or may arrange an examination by a physician approved by HUD; and
(5) If an occupant fails to make a timely request, the property must be vacated before the scheduled time of acquisition.
(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2502-0268)
[53 FR 875, Jan. 14, 1988, and 53 FR 8626, Mar. 16, 1988, as amended at 58 FR 54246, Oct. 20, 1993]
Title 24 published on 2013-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.