(a) Information to owners terminating affordability restrictions. Within six months after receipt of a notice of intent to terminate the low income affordability restrictions under § 248.141, the Commissioner shall provide the owner with a description of the criteria for such termination and with information that the owner needs to prepare a plan of action. This shall include information concerning the standards under § 248.141 regarding the approval of a plan of action and a list of the Federal incentives authorized under § 248.153 and available to those projects for which a plan of action involving termination of low income affordability restrictions, through prepayment of the mortgage or termination of the mortgage insurance contract, would not be approvable. The Commissioner shall also provide the owner with any other relevant information which the Commissioner may possess.
(b) Information to owners extending affordability restrictions. Within nine months of receipt of a notice of intent to extend the low income affordability restrictions under § 248.153 or to transfer the project under § 248.157, the Commissioner shall provide the owner who submitted the notice with—
(1) A statement of the preservation values of the project as determined under § 248.111 ;
(2) A statement of the aggregate preservation rents for the project as calculated under § 248.121 ;
(3) A statement of the applicable Federal cost limit for the market area (or relevant local market, if applicable) in which the project is located, and an explanation of the limitations under § 248.127 on the amount of assistance the Commissioner may provide based on such cost limits;
(4) A statement of whether either of the aggregate preservation rents exceeds the Federal cost limit; and
(5) A direction to file a plan of action and the information necessary to file a plan of action; or
(6) A direction to submit a second notice of intent under § 248.133.
(c) Information to tenants and State or local governments. The Commissioner shall provide any information provided to the owner under paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section to the tenant representative, if any, known to the Commissioner, and shall post a notice in each affected building informing tenants of the name(s), address(es), and telephone number(s) of the tenant representative(s) and appropriate personnel in the local HUD field office, from whom they may obtain this information. The Commissioner shall also provide this information to that officer of State or local government to whom the owner submitted a notice of intent pursuant to § 248.105(c). The Commissioner shall include in the information packet made available to the tenants any other information relating to their rights and opportunities, including—
(1) The potential opportunity of the tenants to become priority purchasers under §§ 248.157 and 248.161; and
(2) The potential opportunity of resident homeownership under §§ 248.173 or 248.175.
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.