Which projects are eligible for a Restructuring Plan under this part?
(a) What are the requirements for eligibility? To be eligible for a Restructuring Plan under this part, a project must:
(1) Have a mortgage insured or held by HUD;
(2) Be covered in whole or in part by a contract for project-based assistance under—
(i) The new construction or substantial rehabilitation program under section 8(b)(2) of the U.S. Housing Act of 1937 as in effect before October 1, 1983;
(ii) The property disposition program under section 8(b) of the U.S. Housing Act of 1937;
(iii) The moderate rehabilitation program under section 8(e)(2) of the United States Housing Act of 1937;
(iv) The loan management assistance program under section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937;
(v) Section 23 of the United States Housing Act of 1937 as in effect before January 1, 1975;
(vi) The rent supplement program under section 101 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965;
(vii) Section 8 of the United States Housing Act of 1937, following conversion from assistance under Section 101 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965; or
(viii) Section 8 of the U.S. Housing Act of 1937 as renewed under section 524 of MAHRA;
(3) Have current gross potential rent for the project-based assisted units that exceeds the gross potential rent for the project-based assisted units using comparable market rents;
(4) Have a first mortgage that has not previously been restructured under this part or under HUD's Portfolio Reengineering demonstration authority as defined in § 402.2(c) of this chapter ;
(5) Not be a project that is described in section 514(h) of MAHRA; and
(6) Otherwise meet the definition of “eligible multifamily housing project” in section 512(2) of MAHRA or meet the following three criteria:
(i) The project is assisted pursuant to a contract for Section 8 assistance renewed under section 524 of MAHRA;
(ii) It has an owner that consents for the project to be treated as eligible; and
(iii) At the time of its initial renewal under section 524, it met the requirements of section 512(2 )(A), (B), and (C) of MAHRA.
(b) When is eligibility determined? Eligibility for a Restructuring Plan under paragraph (a) of this section is determined by the status of a project on the earlier of the termination or expiration date of the project-based assistance contract, which includes a contract renewed under section 524 of MAHRA, or the date of the owner's request to HUD for a Restructuring Plan. Eligibility is not affected by a subsequent change in status, such as contract extension under § 401.600 or part 402 of this chapter.
[71 FR 2121, Jan. 12, 2006]
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.