24 CFR 5.230 - Consent by assistance applicants and participants.
prev | next
(a) Required consent by assistance applicants and participants. Each member of the family of an assistance applicant or participant who is at least 18 years of age, and each family head and spouse regardless of age, shall sign one or more consent forms.
(1) To whom and when. The assistance applicant shall submit the signed consent forms to the processing entity when eligibility under a covered program is being determined. A participant shall sign and submit consent forms at the next regularly scheduled income reexamination. Assistance applicants and participants shall be responsible for the signing and submitting of consent forms by each applicable family member.
(2) Subsequent consent forms—special cases. Participants are required to sign and submit consent forms at the next interim or regularly scheduled income reexamination under the following circumstances:
(c) Consent form—contents. The consent form required by this section shall contain, at a minimum, the following:
(1) A provision authorizing HUD and PHAs to obtain from SWICAs any information or materials necessary to complete or verify the application for participation and to maintain continued assistance under a covered program; and
(2) A provision authorizing HUD, PHAs, or the owner responsible for determining eligibility for or the level of assistance to verify with previous or current employers income information pertinent to the assistance applicant's or participant's eligibility for or level of assistance under a covered program;
(3) A provision authorizing HUD to request income return information from the IRS and the SSA for the sole purpose of verifying income information pertinent to the assistance applicant's or participant's eligibility or level of benefits; and
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.