24 CFR 5.500 - Applicability.
prev | next
(a) Covered programs/assistance. This subpart E implements Section 214 of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1980, as amended (42 U.S.C. 1436a). Section 214 prohibits HUD from making financial assistance available to persons who are not in eligible status with respect to citizenship or noncitizen immigration status. This subpart E is applicable to financial assistance provided under:
(1) Section 235 of the National Housing Act (12 U.S.C. 1715z) (the Section 235 Program);
(2) Section 236 of the National Housing Act (12 U.S.C. 1715z-1) (tenants paying below market rent only) (the Section 236 Program);
(3) Section 101 of the Housing and Urban Development Act of 1965 (12 U.S.C. 1701s) (the Rent Supplement Program); and
(4) The United States Housing Act of 1937 (42 U.S. C. 1437 et seq.) which covers:
(1) Covered individuals/persons and families. The provisions of this subpart E apply to both applicants for assistance and persons already receiving assistance covered under this subpart E.
(2) Covered entities. The provisions of this subpart E apply to Public Housing Agencies (PHAs), project (or housing) owners, and mortgagees under the Section 235 Program. The term “responsible entity” is used in this subpart E to refer collectively to these entities, and is further defined in § 5.504.
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.