24 CFR 58.5 - Related Federal laws and authorities.
In accordance with the provisions of law cited in § 58.1(b), the responsible entity must assume responsibilities for environmental review, decision-making and action that would apply to HUD under the following specified laws and authorities. The responsible entity must certify that it has complied with the requirements that would apply to HUD under these laws and authorities and must consider the criteria, standards, policies and regulations of these laws and authorities.
(1) The National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (16 U.S.C. 470 et seq.), particularly sections 106 and 110 (16 U.S.C. 470 and 470h-2).
(2) Executive Order 11593, Protection and Enhancement of the Cultural Environment, May 13, 1971 (36 FR 8921), 3 CFR 1971-1975 Comp., p. 559, particularly section 2(c).
(i) 36 CFR part 800 with respect to HUD programs other than Urban Development Action Grants (UDAG); and
(ii) 36 CFR part 801 with respect to UDAG.
(4) The Reservoir Salvage Act of 1960 as amended by the Archeological and Historic Preservation Act of 1974 (16 U.S.C. 469 et seq.), particularly section 3 (16 U.S.C. 469a-1).
(1) Executive Order 11988, Floodplain Management, May 24, 1977 (42 FR 26951), 3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 117, as interpreted in HUD regulations at 24 CFR part 55, particularly section 2(a) of the order (For an explanation of the relationship between the decision-making process in 24 CFR part 55 and this part, see § 55.10 of this subtitle A.)
(2) Executive Order 11990, Protection of Wetlands, May 24, 1977 (42 FR 26961), 3 CFR, 1977 Comp., p. 121, particularly sections 2 and 5.
(c) Coastal Zone Management. The Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972 (16 U.S.C. 1451 et seq.), as amended, particularly section 307(c) and (d) (16 U.S.C. 1456(c) and (d)).
(1) The Safe Drinking Water Act of 1974 (42 U.S.C. 201, 300(f) et seq., and 21 U.S.C. 349) as amended; particularly section 1424(e)(42 U.S.C. 300h-3(e)).
(2) Sole Source Aquifers (Environmental Protection Agency—40 CFR part 149).
(e) Endangered species. The Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.) as amended, particularly section 7 (16 U.S.C. 1536).
(f) Wild and scenic rivers. The Wild and Scenic Rivers Act of 1968 (16 U.S.C. 1271 et seq.) as amended, particularly section 7(b) and (c) (16 U.S.C. 1278(b) and (c)).
(1) The Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et. seq.) as amended; particularly section 176(c) and (d) (42 U.S.C. 7506(c) and (d)).
(2) Determining Conformity of Federal Actions to State or Federal Implementation Plans (Environmental Protection Agency—40 CFR parts 6, 51, and 93).
(1) Farmland Protection Policy Act of 1981 (7 U.S.C. 4201 et seq.) particularly sections 1540(b) and 1541 (7 U.S.C. 4201(b) and 4202).
(2) Farmland Protection Policy (Department of Agriculture—7 CFR part 658).
(1) Applicable criteria and standards specified in part 51 of this title, other than the runway clear zone notification requirement in § 51.303(a)(3).
(i) Also, it is HUD policy that all properties that are being proposed for use in HUD programs be free of hazardous materials, contamination, toxic chemicals and gases, and radioactive substances, where a hazard could affect the health and safety of occupants or conflict with the intended utilization of the property.
(ii) The environmental review of multifamily housing with five or more dwelling units (including leasing), or non-residential property, must include the evaluation of previous uses of the site or other evidence of contamination on or near the site, to ensure that the occupants of proposed sites are not adversely affected by any of the hazards listed in paragraph (i)(2)(i) of this section.
(iii) Particular attention should be given to any proposed site on or in the general proximity of such areas as dumps, landfills, industrial sites, or other locations that contain, or may have contained, hazardous wastes.
(iv) The responsible entity shall use current techniques by qualified professionals to undertake investigations determined necessary.
(j) Environmental justice. Executive Order 12898—Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low-Income Populations, February 11, 1994 (59 FR 7629), 3 CFR, 1994 Comp. p. 859.
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.