24 CFR 598.205 - What are the requirements for nomination?
(a) General. No urban area may be considered for designation in accordance with subpart D of this part unless:
(1) The urban area is within the jurisdiction of a State or States and local government(s) that have the authority to nominate the urban area for designation and that provide written assurances satisfactory to the Secretary that the strategic plan described in § 598.215 will be implemented, and these governments submit its nomination;
(2) All information furnished by the nominating State(s) and local government(s) is determined by the Secretary to be reasonably accurate; and
(b) Contents of application for designation. The application for designation of an urban area as an Empowerment Zone must do the following:
(1) Demonstrate that the nominated urban area satisfies the eligibility criteria set forth in subpart B of this part;
(2) Include a strategic plan, as described in § 598.215;
(3) Include the certifications described in § 598.210;
(5) Include such other information as may be required by HUD in the application or in the document announcing the initiation of the designation process.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under Control Number 2506-0148)
Title 24 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.