Homeownership option: Maximum term of homeownership assistance.
(a) Maximum term of assistance. Except in the case of a family that qualifies as an elderly or disabled family (see paragraph (c) of this section), the family members described in paragraph (b) of this section shall not receive homeownership assistance for more than:
(1) Fifteen years, if the initial mortgage incurred to finance purchase of the home has a term of 20 years or longer; or
(2) Ten years, in all other cases.
(b) Applicability of maximum term. The maximum term described in paragraph (a) of this section applies to any member of the family who:
(1) Has an ownership interest in the unit during the time that homeownership payments are made; or
(2) Is the spouse of any member of the household who has an ownership interest in the unit during the time homeownership payments are made.
(c) Exception for elderly and disabled families.(1) As noted in paragraph (a) of this section, the maximum term of assistance does not apply to elderly and disabled families.
(2) In the case of an elderly family, the exception only applies if the family qualifies as an elderly family at the start of homeownership assistance. In the case of a disabled family, the exception applies if at any time during receipt of homeownership assistance the family qualifies as a disabled family.
(3) If, during the course of homeownership assistance, the family ceases to qualify as a disabled or elderly family, the maximum term becomes applicable from the date homeownership assistance commenced. However, such a family must be provided at least 6 months of homeownership assistance after the maximum term becomes applicable (provided the family is otherwise eligible to receive homeownership assistance in accordance with this part).
(d) Assistance for different homes or PHAs. If the family has received such assistance for different homes, or from different PHAs, the total of such assistance terms is subject to the maximum term described in paragraph (a) of this section.
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.