Required actions for PHA with troubled performance rating.
(a) On-site reviews—(1) Required reviews for troubled PHAs. Except as provided in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, HUD will conduct an on-site review of PHA program management for any PHA assigned an overall performance rating of troubled to assess the magnitude and seriousness of the PHA's noncompliance with performance requirements.
(2) On-site reviews for small PHAs. Notwithstanding paragraph (a)(1) of this section, HUD may elect not to conduct an on-site review of a troubled PHA, if:
(i) The PHA has less than 250 assisted units; and
(ii) HUD determines that an on-site review is unnecessary to determine the needs of the PHA and the actions required to address the program deficiencies.
(b) HUD written report. HUD must provide the PHA a written report of its on-site review containing HUD findings of program management deficiencies, the apparent reasons for the deficiencies, and recommendations for improvement.
(c) PHA corrective action plan. Upon receipt of the HUD written report on its on-site review, the PHA must write a corrective action plan and submit it to HUD for approval. The corrective action plan must:
(1) Specify goals to be achieved;
(2) Identify obstacles to goal achievement and ways to eliminate or avoid them;
(3) Identify resources that will be used or sought to achieve goals;
(4) Identify an PHA staff person with lead responsibility for completing each goal;
(5) Identify key tasks to reach each goal;
(6) Specify time frames for achievement of each goal, including intermediate time frames to complete each key task; and
(7) Provide for regular evaluation of progress toward improvement.
(8) Be signed by the PHA board of commissioners chairperson and by the PHA executive director. If the PHA is a unit of local government or a state, the corrective action plan must be signed by the Section 8 program director and by the chief executive officer of the unit of government or his or her designee.
(d) Monitoring. The PHA and HUD must monitor the PHA's implementation of its corrective action plan to ensure performance targets are met.
(e) Use of administrative fee reserve prohibited. Any PHA assigned an overall performance rating of troubled may not use any part of the administrative fee reserve for other housing purposes (see 24 CFR 982.155(b) ).
(f) Upgrading poor performance rating. HUD shall change an PHA's overall performance rating from troubled to standard or high performer if HUD determines that a change in the rating is warranted because of improved PHA performance and an improved SEMAP score.
(Information collection requirements in this section have been approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2577-0215)
[63 FR 48555, Sept. 10, 1998, as amended at 68 FR 37672, June 24, 2003]
Title 24 published on 2012-04-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 24.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.