(a) Each Indian LTAP center is managed by its Center Director and staff, with the advice of its technical panel under the Indian LTAP agreements. FHWA, BIA, and tribes review the performance of the Indian LTAP centers.
(b) Each Indian LTAP center has a technical panel consisting of one BIA Regional Road Engineer, one FHWA representative, one state DOT representative, and at least five tribal representatives from the service area. The technical panel may, among other activities:
(1) Recommend center policies;
(2) Review and approve the annual action plan for submission to FHWA for approval;
(3) Provide direction on the areas of technical assistance and training;
(4) Review and approve the annual report for submission to FHWA for approval;
(5) Develop recommendations for improving center operation services and budgets; and
(6) Assist in developing goals and plans for obtaining or using supplemental funding.
(c) The technical panel must meet at least twice a year. Tribal representatives may request IRR Program funding to cover the cost of participating in these committee meetings.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.