§ 170.209How will IRRHPP applications be ranked and funded?
(a) BIADOT and the Federal Lands Highway (FLH) Program office will determine eligibility and fund IRRHPP applications subject to availability of funds and the following criteria:
(1) Existence of safety hazards with documented fatality and injury accidents;
(2) Number of years since the tribe's last IRR Program construction project completed;
(3) Readiness to proceed to construction or IRRBP design need;
(4) Percentage of project cost matched by other non-IRR Program funds (projects with a greater percentage of other matched funds rank ahead of lesser matches);
(5) Amount of funds requested (smaller requests receive greater priority);
(6) Challenges caused by geographic isolation; and
(7) All weather access for: employment, commerce, health, safety, educational resources, and housing.
(b) Funding is limited to the estimated cost of repairing damage to the IRR transportation facility up to a maximum of $1 million per application.
(c) A project submitted as an emergency/disaster must be at least 10 percent of a tribe's relative need distribution.
(d) BIA's regional roads engineer or the tribe, if it has plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) approval authority will certify the cost estimate in approving the plans, specifications, and estimates for the IRRHPP.
(e) The Project Scoring Matrix is found in appendix A to subpart C.
Title 25 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.