25 CFR 170.462 - When may a self-determination contract or self-governance agreement include PS&E review and approval?
(a) For a BIA or tribally-owned facility, the tribe may assume responsibility to review and approve PS&E packages under a self-determination contract or self-governance agreement if the tribe specifies in the contract or agreement that:
(2) A licensed professional engineer will certify that the PS&E meets or exceeds the design, health, and safety standards in appendix B to subpart D for an IRR transportation facility;
(3) An additional licensed professional engineer (either a BIA engineer or, if the tribe chooses, a non-BIA engineer) will review the PS&E package when it is at least 95 percent complete; and
(4) If the project is to be performed by the tribe, the tribe will provide a copy of the certification and approved PS&E package to BIA before the solicitation of the project or notice to proceed.
(b) For a facility maintained by a public authority other than BIA or a tribe, in addition to satisfying the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section:
(1) The public authority must have a chance to review and approve the PS&E when it is between 75 percent and 95 percent complete, unless an agreement between the tribe and the public authority states otherwise;
(2) If a licensed professional engineer performs the review and approval when the PS&E provided is at least 95 percent complete, the second level review requirement in paragraph (a)(2) of this section is satisfied; and
(3) The tribe must allow the public authority at least 30 days for review and approval. If the public authority does not meet this deadline or an extension granted by the tribe, the tribe may proceed with the review in accordance with paragraph (a)(2) of this section.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.