§ 170.500What program reviews do the Secretaries conduct?
(a) BIADOT and FHWA annually conduct informal program reviews to examine program procedures and identify improvements. BIA must notify tribes of these informal program reviews. Tribes may send representatives to these meetings at their own expense. These reviews may be held in conjunction with either a national BIA transportation meeting or an IRR Program Coordinating Committee meeting.
(b) FHWA, BIA, and affected tribes periodically conduct an IRR Program process review of each BIA regional office's processes, controls, and stewardship. The review provides recommendations to improve the processes and controls of the following activities that a BIA Regional Office performs:
(1) Program Management and Oversight;
(2) Transportation planning;
(4) Contract administration;
(6) Financial management; and
(7) Systems management and existing stewardship agreements.
(c) After the IRR process review, the review team must:
(1) Conduct an exit interview during which it makes a brief oral report of findings and recommendations to the BIA Regional Director and staff; and
(2) Provide a written report of its findings and recommendations to the reviewed office, BIA, all participants, and affected tribal governments and organizations.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.