What facilities are eligible under the BIA Road Maintenance Program?
(a) The following public transportation facilities are eligible for maintenance under the BIA Road Maintenance Program:
(1) BIA transportation facilities listed in paragraph (b) of this section;
(2) Non-BIA transportation facilities, if the tribe served by the facility feels that maintenance is required to ensure public health, safety, and economy, and if the tribe executes an agreement with the owning public authority within available funding;
(3) Tribal transportation facilities such as public roads, highway bridges, trails, and bus stations; and
(4) Other transportation facilities as approved by the Secretary.
(b) The following BIA transportation facilities are eligible for maintenance under paragraph (a)(1) of this section:
(1) BIA road systems and related road appurtenances such as signs, traffic signals, pavement striping, trail markers, guardrails, etc.;
(2) Highway bridges and drainage structures;
(3) Airport runways and heliport pads, including runway lighting;
(5) Adjacent parking areas;
(6) Maintenance yards;
(7) Bus stations;
(8) System public pedestrian walkways, paths, bike and other trails;
(9) Motorized vehicle trails;
(10) Public access roads to heliports and airports;
(11) BIA and tribal post-secondary school roads and parking lots built with IRR Program funds; and
(12) Public ferry boats and boat ramps.
Title 25 published on 2011-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.