§ 170.813When can access to IRR transportation facilities be restricted?
IRR transportation facilities must be open and available for public use, as are IRRs (§ 170.120).
(a) The Secretary may, in consultation with a tribe and applicable private landowners, restrict or temporarily close an IRR transportation facility to public use for the following reasons:
(1) Because of unsafe conditions;
(2) Because of natural disasters;
(3) For fish or game protection;
(4) To prevent traffic from causing damage to the facility; and
(5) For reasons deemed to be in the public interest such as fire prevention or suppression as approved by the Secretary.
(b) Consultation is not required whenever the above conditions involve immediate safety or life-threatening situations.
(c) Certain IRR transportation facilities owned by the tribes or BIA may be permanently closed when the tribal government and the Secretary agree. Once this agreement is reached, BIA must remove the facility from the IRR System.
Title 25 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.