25 CFR 20.313 - How will the Bureau compute financial assistance payments?
prev | next
(a) The social services worker will compute financial assistance payments by beginning with the Bureau standard of assistance and doing the following:
(1) Subtracting from all resources calculated under §§ 20.307 through 20.310;
(2) Subtracting the rateable reduction or maximum payment level used by the state where the applicant lives;
(3) Subtracting an amount for shelter (see paragraph (b) of this section for details on how to calculate a shelter amount); and
(b) The social services worker must calculate a shelter amount for purposes of paragraph (a)(3) of this section. To calculate the shelter amount:
(2) If the state TANF does not specify an amount for shelter, the social services worker must calculate the amount as 25 percent of the total state TANF payment; and
(3) If there is more than one household in a dwelling, the social services worker must prorate the actual shelter cost among the households receiving General Assistance; this amount cannot exceed the amount in the standard for individuals in similar circumstances. The head of each household is responsible for his/her portion of the documented shelter cost.
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.