25 CFR 256.13 - How do I apply for the Housing Improvement Program?
(a) First, you must obtain an application, BIA Form 6407, from your nearest servicing housing office.
(c) Third, you must submit your completed and signed application to your servicing housing office. Submission to the nearest BIA housing office does not preclude tribal approval of the application.
(d) Fourth, you must furnish documentation proving tribal membership. Examples of acceptable documentation include a copy of your Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB) or a copy of your tribal membership card.
(1) You must submit signed copies of current 1040 tax returns from all permanent members of the household, including W-2's and all other attachments.
(2) You must provide proof of all other income from all permanent members of the household. This includes unearned income such as social security, general assistance, retirement, and unemployment benefits.
(3) If you or other household members did not file a tax return, you must submit a signed notarized statement explaining why you did not.
(f) Sixth, you must furnish a copy of your annual trust income statement from your Individual Indian Money (IIM) account, for royalty, lease, and other monies, from your home agency. If you do not have an account, you must furnish a statement from your home agency to that effect.
(1) For fee property, you must provide a copy of a fully executed Warranty Deed, which is available at your local county court house;
(3) For tribally owned land, you must provide a copy of a properly executed tribal assignment, certified by the agency; or
Title 25 published on 2014-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.