(a) Any State, school district, tribal organization or Indian corporation is eligible to apply for contracts for supplemental or operational support programs. For the purposes of this part, previously private schools as defined in § 273.2(n) are considered tribal organizations.
(b) States, school districts, or Indian corporations shall apply for contracts for supplemental or operational support programs as required in this part.
(c) Tribal organizations must comply with the following requirements to obtain contracts for supplemental programs or operational support:
(1) The application submitted by the tribal organization shall meet the requirements in § 273.20 in addition to those in § 271.14 of this chapter.
(2) The requirements in §§ 271.1 through 271.27, 271.41 through 271.52, 271.54, 271.61 through 271.66, and 271.81 through 271.84 shall apply to such contracts with tribal organizations.
(3) The provisions in §§ 271.71 through 271.77 of this chapter concerning retrocession and reassumption of programs do not apply to a tribal organization retroceding a contract for supplemental programs or operational support as the Bureau does not operate education programs authorized to be contracted under the Johnson-O'Malley Act. However, the tribal organization may retrocede such a contract and the Bureau will then contract with a State, school district, or Indian corporation under this part for the supplemental programs or operational support.
(4) The requirements in §§ 273.12 through 273.18, 273.20, 273.21, 273.31 through 273.38, 273.41, 273.51 and 273.52 shall apply to such contracts with tribal organizations.
(5) The requirements in 41 CFR part 14H-70 shall apply to such contracts with tribal organizations.
[40 FR 51303, Nov. 4, 1975, as amended at 41 FR 5098, Feb. 4, 1976]
Title 25 published on 2011-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.