25 CFR 700.289 - Petitions for amendment: Processing and initial decision.
(a) Decisions on petitions. In reviewing a record in response to a petition for amendment, the accuracy, relevance, timeliness and completeness of the record shall be assessed against the criteria set out in § 700.261. In addition, personnel records shall be assessed against the criteria for determining record quality published in the Federal Personnel Manual and the Commission Manual addition thereto.
(b) Authority to decide. An initial decision on a petition for amendment may be made only by the Privacy Act Officer.
(c) Acknowledgement of receipt. Unless processing of a petition is completed within ten (10) days (Saturdays, Sundays and public legal holidays excepted), the receipt of the petition for amendment shall be acknowledged in writing by the system manager to whom it is directed.
(1) If a petition does not meet the requirements of § 700.287, the petitioner shall be so advised and shall be told what additional information must be submitted to meet the requirements of § 700.287.
(2) If the petitioner fails to submit the additional information within a reasonable time, his petition may be rejected. The rejection shall be in writing and shall meet the requirements of paragraph (e) of this section.
(1) A decision on a petition for amendment shall be in writing and shall state concisely the basis for the decision.
(2) If the petitioned for amendment is rejected, in whole or part, the decision shall advise the petitioner that the rejection may be appealed to the Executive Director by writing to the Privacy Act Officer, Navajo and Hopi Indian Relocation Commission, Box KK, Flagstaff, Arizona 86002, and that the appeal must be received by this official within twenty (20) days (Saturdays, Sundays and public legal holidays excepted) of the date of the decision.
(f) Implementation of initial decision. If a petitioned for amendment is accepted, in whole or part, the appropriate Commission Division maintaining the record shall:
(2) Where an accounting of disclosures has been made pursuant to § 700.269 advise all previous recipients of the record that the correction was made and the substance of the correction.
Title 25 published on 2013-04-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.